Imagine if you waited until your car broke down before you performed any maintenance on it. So instead of spending $50 to $200 for regular oil changes, wheel alignments, tuneups, and other standard upkeep a few times a year, you end up forking over thousands for extensive repairs that could have been avoided with a bit of preventative maintenance.
The same goes for keeping your home pest-free. You can wait until an insect or rodent infestation has done thousands or even tens of thousands of dollars in damage to the structure, or you can spend a fraction of that amount on regular pest-control maintenance.
Paying for regular pest control services can seem like an extravagance. However, when you add up the figures, preventive pest control costs via professional programs such as Nozzle Nolen’s 365 Complete Home Protection Package actually represents a tremendous bargain for South Florida homeowners.
Preventive Pest Control Cost Estimation
A homeowner pricing pest control services for the first time may experience sticker shock when quoted a price between $300 and $550 for a single visit. But you have to keep in mind that a one-time treatment entails a great deal of work. The technician has to do a top-to-bottom inspection, identify specific pest problems, and apply the correct treatment in a single go.
Compare this to the cost of a regular preventive pest control plan that includes periodic follow-up visits:
- The initial inspection (available for free from Nozzle Nolen) spots problem areas and locates the source of any infestations, leading to the creation of a custom pest management plan. It may also include the first residual spray treatment or trap placement, which may cost from $100 to $300.
- Depending on your situation, the treatment plan may call for monthly, bi-monthly, or quarterly visits to inspect the premises and address any problems or small infestations. Each visit costs from $40 to $70, but the coverage and warranty that you get on this recurring service plan can save you hundreds if not thousands that additional treatments would cost.
- Compare these costs to the price of full-house fumigation, which typically costs between $1 and $4 per square foot. For a standard-size South Florida home, the fumigation bill could be as high as $8,000.
Factors that Affect Preventive Pest Control Costs
One of the benefits of working with a professional pest control service such as Nozzle Nolen is the personalized approach taken to protect your home. The company’s trained and certified technicians work with you to craft a custom solution that addresses the unique needs of your situation.
These are among the factors that influence the cost of preventive pest control services:
- The type of service necessary to eradicate any existing pest problems, such as sprays, traps, and fumigation.
- How often the service needs to be applied, although each return visit for treatment will usually cost less than the initial application.
- The location of your home, which may increase the cost of the visit if it entails traveling a long distance.
- The type of pest you’re dealing with, as indicated by the figures listed above.
- Using environmentally-friendly treatments, which often costs more than chemical treatments.
- Dealing with widespread or deeply rooted infestations, which cost more to eliminate than those that are more superficial or easier to reach.
- The size of your home or property, which influences the time and effort required to perform an inspection and apply all necessary treatments.
Getting Started With Nozzle Nolen
When it comes to keeping your family safe and comfortable, a regimen that focuses on prevention is the safest and least expensive approach to pest control. It’s also important to have a plan in place that’s tailored to your needs and whose implementation is in the hands of certified pest-control technicians.
Nozzle Nolen has provided expert pest control services to the residents of South Florida for more than 70 years. If you are facing an active infestation in your home or would like more information on preventative pest control costs in South Florida, Call us at 800.226.6536 or Contact Us. We look forward to serving you.